About the Brandy Station Foundation
Brandy Station Foundation
P.O. Box 165
Brandy Station, VA 22714
Phone: (540) 727-7718
William Truitt, President
The Brandy Station Foundation is a 501(c)-3 non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the natural and historic resources of the Brandy Station area of Culpeper County, Virginia.
While our focus is toward the Civil War history of the Brandy Station vicinity, our efforts are not limited to that time period or by any geographic boundaries. We have been instrumental in the preservation of significant tracts of land related to the Battle of Brandy Station (June 9, 1863) and Kelly’s Ford (March 17, 1863). We operate the Graffiti House, which serves as our visitor center and museum.
As part of the Friends of Culpeper Battlefields we support a new state park at the Brandy Station and Cedar Mountain battlefields. Together, the American Battlefield Trust and the Brandy Station Foundation have acquired and preserved about 1,400 acres across these two battlefields. As both the Culpeper County Board of Supervisors and Culpeper Town Council have articulated, bringing together this previously preserved acreage under the Virginia state park system would provide a distinctive destination for heritage and recreational tourism alike
Our goal is to ensure the history and heritage of the area is not “paved over” in our rush to progress. Toward that end, Brandy Station Foundation has strong working partnerships in the community and with like-minded organizations.
Website questions, concerns or to report broken links, email: